INGREDIENTS1/2 C semisweet chocolate morsels
1 1/2 tbsp butter or margarine
3 tsp peanut butter
2 tbsp powdered sugar
MATERIALSMicrowave safe bowls
- To decrease the size of the cupcake liners, cut them in half by width. Line as many as you want in the muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, pour a half cup of chocolate morsels and a half tablespoon of butter or margarine.
- Microwave the bowl for 45 seconds. Stir. If the morsels are fully melted, stick the bowl back in the microwave and cook for 30 more seconds. Then stir until the chocolate is melted and mixed with the butter/margarine.
- Spoon half a teaspoon of the melted chocolate in each of the cupcake liners. Also cover the insides of the liners with the chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, add the peanut butter and tablespoon of butter/margarine.
- Microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Then stir well.
- Add the powdered sugar and fold it in until the sugar disappears and the peanut butter mixture thickens.
- Drop a spoonful of the peanut butter mixture in each cupcake liner. Flatten it down if you need to.
- Add a teaspoon or two of the melted chocolate in the liners, covering the peanut butter centers.
- Stick the pan in the refrigerator and let the candy chill for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy your homemade peanut butter cups!