- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- salt, pinch
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons milk
- Grind 1/2 cup of the coconut in food processor.
- Chop remaining coconut and set aside.
- Add flour, 1/4 cup of the confectioners' sugar and the salt.
- Pulse to blend.
- Add butter and vanilla; pulse until dough comes together.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place dough balls 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake cookies until firm but tender, 15 minutes.
- Remove to rack, let cool completely.
- In small bowl, stir together remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar and enough milk until smooth but still thick.
- Dip cookies in glaze (about 1/2 t for each), letting it drip down sides.
- Dip in chopped coconut and set aside for glaze to dry.
Learn more at https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+make+snowballs+recipe&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=DTmOVMCrLe21sAS9i4KIAg&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAw&biw=1366&bih=619